Thursday, May 7, 2009

Seattle Purse


Here's a project I finished last year for my trip to Seattle. Ever since sewing became a part of my life I make it a point to sew something special for every trip I go on. I usually finish the project minutes before I have to leave so I don't have time to pack properly but I do have one special item I either carry around or wear the entire trip. And from then on that item reminds me of the place I went.
It's a really simple pattern I made by drawing a half circle on the fabric with a compass. The Japanese Fabric I used is so beautiful I didn't need to make it complicated. The handles are made of wood and I attached them by sewing a loop around the bottom of each one. The inside is lined with green organic cotton canvas fabric and I ironed in some lightweight fusible interfacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment