Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New Look Outfit with Heather Ross Fabric








Here's an outfit I made using New Look pattern 6813.

My shirt is made from an earth-friendly blend of 53% Soy, 43% Certified Organic Cotton, and 4% Spandex. Unbelievably soft to the touch. I decorated the neck line with appliques using scrap pieces of Japanese imported fabric layered with free motion sewing and buttons.

My skirt is made from a lightweight canvas fabric designed by Heather Ross. On the inside waist band I embroidered my name with hot pink embroidery floss.

Also made some fabric earring to match.

Inspiration: William Debilzan, construction worker turned artist, I stumbled across his work in Laguna Beach. I was extremely moved by his art work, rich texture and colors which unfortunately the Internet gives no justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment