Monday, July 13, 2009

Another Dress made with Japanese Imported Fabric Designed by Naomi Eto


This pale yellow floral fabric is the other color way of the double-gauze Imported Japanese fabric designed by Naomi Eto. I love this fabric! Unlike the black floral fabric this one has metallic gold in it...eek!

The dress pattern I used to make this dress was much more simple in comparison to the black dress I wrote about earlier. This dress has several small pleated running down the top front and back. There's no zipper, but I did sew a thin band of elastic into the waistline. The elastic is covered by salmon colored waist band that ties around the waist twice and into a bow. For an added touch I embroidered my first name into the back. I like to wear this dress with the sweater I made with the Forties Pinup Buttons.

A couple of days ago I went saw an art show, 'Ma Fleur de Femme', at Cafe Pergolesi. It was a collection of art by 24 Northern California Female Artist. There was and still is some beautiful paintings, photography and other expressions of femininity on display . It even inspired me to bring out my paints and make a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment