Friday, July 3, 2009

Dress made with Japanese Imported Fabric Designed by Naomi Eto






Here is a dress I made with one of my favorite fabrics of all time. This fabric is a Japanese imported fabric designed by Naomi Eto. I have saved every last inch of this fabric for appliques, earrings, patches, whatever. I also made a different dress with the yellow color way of this fabric which also had metallic gold in it. I adore this fabric; the vibrant colors, the whimsical flowers and the fact that it's double-gauze. I love the texture of double-gauze fabric.

There are three details I want to point out that make this dress extra special to me. First, I incorporated the selvage of the fabric into the design of the dress so the name of the designer and the her collection are running vertical along the back zipper. Second, I used photo transfer paper to iron an old photo of my grandfather fishing onto the inside front panel of the skirt. And lastly, I made myself a label using free motion sewing and appliqued it into the lining of the back bolice. I'm proud to say this dress is extremely well made with quality fabric. It fits me perfect and all raw edges are out of site. For more pics, check out my flickr photostream.

1 comment:

  1. I like the dress, it does look like a perfect fit, so important for a dress.

    ReplyDelete