Wednesday, December 2, 2009

They Don't Make'em Like They Used To

Much too long since my last blog. Here is the latest treat to myself, it's a classic Singer sewing machine from the 1940's. I've been wanting an old Singer since I saw a Featherweight at an Antique fair a couple of months ago. Supposedly these old Singer models last forever. I found mine on craigslist.org, it came with a little table it folds into. I wasn't sure how to use it until I met Jim at Docs Stitches in Scotts Valley. Jim's been repairing sewing machines for 39 years! He's a wealth of information and aside from his business repairing sewing machines he also teaches the trade. I totally want to take his classes. He gave my Singer a full tune up, answered all my questions and taught me how to thread it and use it. Now it runs perfect, so excited! If your machine needs maintenance he's the man to see, his website is sewingmachinerepair.com

No comments:

Post a Comment