Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fabric on the Wall



Recently, I moved into an apartment of my own. Having my own private space again feels like what I would expect heaven to feel like. Don't get me wrong, company can be just as rewarding, but right now for me this space I've created is... words cannot express. I sew, I design, I make a mess, I google, I make tea, all while playing the same two CD’s over and over again. I'm a hermit crab.

While there's not much in my new apartment, I'm at no loss for art work. These are pieces that I've either made or acquired. Each one signifies some place or someone special in my life. Memories are glued so tightly to these objects that I can easily drift off into the past with a single glance.

To mix it up a little, I created something new with some old stuff and some fabric. In the center is a painting I did years ago. Surrounding it are wood box frames a friend put together months ago. At the time when I painted them, I wasn't planning on matching them to this painting but it turns out the colors are almost exact. I guess I like hot pink and lavender? And the other night, I stapled fabric to the back sides of the frames and hammered in something for them to hang from.

1 comment:

  1. Great site! I love the fabric you chose for your projects and hope to see many more in the future. Maybe we should be great friends? Check out my blog: britegreenstar.blogspot.com =)

    ReplyDelete